- About us
- Safety & Quality
- Int’l Cooperation
Safety and Quality Management at CAA
Safety Management System at CAA is based on the Authority Requirements deriving from EU Regulations and the State Safety Programme standards of ICAO Annex 19 â€œSafety Managementâ€.
State Safety Programme formalizes different levels forums for treating safety issues. In the State level, the Prime Minister has nominated the SSP Committee and in the CAA level the Safety Council is nominated to treat all safety issues. The Director General is the designated Accountable Executive, responsible for the implementation of the SSP in the Republic of Kosovo.
CAA has defined the Safety Policy, enforces obligatory legislation, continuously assesses the compliance level to safety management standards (GAP Analysis), has functionalized the reporting, analyzing and distribution system of occurrences in aviation, has nominated, trained and accredited Inspectors for Safety Oversight, certifies and licenses operators in the aviation industry and promotes safety within this industry.
Quality management system is established and certified at CAA since 2013. The latest Certificate is issued in November 2016 by TÃœV Austria in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
Management system serves CAA to manage the organization and all working processes in a more effective manner.
CAA identifies and describes working processes, implements them, documents the results and measures achievements against plans and goals, plans the work based on strategic objectives, plans the risk management and measures the users satisfactions inside and outside the organization. The continuous improvement is the principle that follows CAAs day to day work.
State Safety Policy of Kosovo Civil Aviation
Republic of Kosovo promotes and regulates the safety of civil aviation within the state. We are committed to developing and implementing effective strategies, regulatory frameworks and processes to ensure that aviation activities under our oversight achieve the highest practicable level of safety.Â Â To this end we will:
- Set national standards that are in line with ICAO standards, recommended practices and procedures, and the EUâ€™s aviation safety related acquis;
- Adopt a data-driven and performance-based approach in safety regulation and industry oversight activities where appropriate;
- Identify safety trends within the aviation industry and adopt a risk-based approach to address areas of greater safety concern or need;
- Monitor and measure the safety performance of our aviation system continuously through the Stateâ€™s aggregate safety indicators as well as service providersâ€™ safety performance indicators;
- Collaborate and consult with the aviation industry to address safety matters and continuously enhance aviation safety;
- Promote good safety practices and a positive organization safety culture in line with just culture principles within the industry and the civil aviation community based on sound safety management principles;
- Encourage safety information collection, analysis and exchange amongst all relevant industry organizations and service providers, with intent that such information is to be used for safety management purposes only;
- Allocate sufficient financial and human resources for safety management and oversight; and
- Equip staff with proper skills and expertise to discharge their safety oversight and management responsibilities competently.
It is the policy of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Kosovo (CAA) to establish, implement and maintain a quality management system within the organization, which will ensure the full realization of the duties of the CAA, in order to guarantee a secure and competitive civil aviation environment in the Republic of Kosovo.
For us, the users of our services are very important, therefore, we strive to offer the highest quality services, measuring their satisfaction by continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our work, monitoring our performance against the set targets and promote involvement of workers in all work processes.
It is the responsibility of management and each employee of the CAA to comply at all times with the applicable legislation and documented work procedures described in the quality manual and other related documents.
Opinions or suggestions regarding CAA services should be sent to the Department for Safety and Quality: email@example.com.